Toy Vehicles Information
Proudly serving Huntsville, Madison, Athens, Decatur, & Hazel Green, AL communities.
Summer is here, which means recreational vehicles (RVs) and boats will be brought out for use. RVs and boats, like any vehicles, come with financial risks, so it’s essential to take proper precautions. Having RV and boat insurance is essential.
RV insurance functions like most types of insurance. In exchange for an insurance premium, your insurance carrier will assist you in covering expenses following an accident or other covered event. You will commonly be required to pay a deductible for your insurance policy, an out-of-pocket cost you’ll pay until your insurance kicks in.
RV insurance policies vary among motorhome owners. In addition to including protection to match the driving and property risks associated with your motorhome, RV insurance commonly includes the following:
- Liability insurance helps insure against damage or injuries you cause to others if you are at fault in a wreck.
- Collision insurance helps cover damage to your vehicle after a wreck.
- Comprehensive insurance helps pay for vehicle damage from non-accident mishaps, such as weather damage.
- Medical payments coverage helps cover your medical bills and passengers’ expenses.
- Uninsured/underinsured insurance helps insure you against damage caused by someone else who doesn’t have appropriate liability coverage.
- Campsite and vacation coverage helps cover liabilities associated with using the RV as a vacation property.
- Full-time residence insurance is intended for those permanently living in their RVs.
Other coverage offers help for roadside assistance, rental car coverage and expenses protection (for expenses such as emergency hotel bills).
Boat insurance is essential protection. Some policyholders are hesitant about maintaining year-long policies, as they do not believe coverage is worth it during the winter season. However, accidents can occur while your boat is in storage, so maintaining boat insurance year-round is essential.
Standard boat insurance might consist of:
- Liability coverage helps cover expenses if your boat causes damage to another person’s property.
- Medical payments coverage helps cover medical expenses if you or a passenger gets injured on your boat.
- Boat insurance property coverage helps protect your boat from various risks and potential incidents by covering costs related to incidents such as theft or vandalism.
- Uninsured watercraft coverage helps cover expenses if an uninsured boater collides with you and causes injury to you or your passengers.
Learn More About RV and Boat Insurance
If you live near Huntsville, Alabama, the agents at Larry Burkman Agency can help you learn more about RV and boat insurance policies so you can decide on the right vehicle coverage. Reach out to our agency today at 256-830-1123 to learn more.